(Illustration by Maggie Swanson)
I’ll be at the gallery today from 1 – 5 pm. As I clicked through the images on the Pierce Ball Gallery website, my heart filled up. Each image brought to mind my relationship with the artist:
- Meeting Maggie Swanson the first time almost 30 years ago when I wheeled 2 year old Robert to her home a mile from mine to talk about quilts.
- Cookie (Marisabina) Russo and I met at Camp Chinqueka in the 50’s, re-united as studio art majors at Mount Holyoke College in the 60’s and have been close friends forever. BTW, the Artsy Girls covers more than CT. Cookie is from NY.
- Mary Ellroy, Gamebird, was brought into my Mastermind Group about 15 years ago by another member. I was mesmerized by her creativity and imagination. Her most recent game Pickles to Penguins produced by Imagination Games will be on display.
- I wrote to Terry Capuana in the 80’s while she was the Crafts Director for Woman’s Day Magazine. We re-connected years later and have remained friends since. Terry’s work isn’t on display, but her influence in the group is palpable.
- Dawn Hutchins heard me speak in Central Connecticut years ago and contacted me about coaching. She’s been in several of my Mastermind Groups and spoke at an Artsy Girls event blowing us away with the delicacy and beauty of her stitched masterpieces.
I hope I’ve whetted your appetite with these images and tidbits. I could go on for a couple dozen more, but really want you to come to Stamford and see for yourself.
I am so proud to know these women. So grateful to Liz Ball for making this a reality. I’m clear that wealth is NOT measured by dollars. No one is richer than I am today. I own the world!