Two holiday youtube videos came my way last week. The one that made me smile is called The Digital Story of the Nativity. It’s clever, well done and makes brilliant use of the variety of social media our culture now pulses to. It’s already been viewed nearly three million times. Have fun watching it.
This second video, recorded at a food court of a shopping mall, brought tears to my eyes as well as joy as I watched. There are so many stunning points to witness:
- The confidence of the first woman to stand up
- The talent of the performers
- That by the end, you weren’t sure who was in on the project, and who just felt good enough to simply join in the singing
- That so many in the crowd knew to stand during this ritual
- The indifference of many patrons
- The curiosity the event elicited among many patrons
- That our side of the globe allows and encourages this kind of creativity and freedom
- The brilliant concept to bring this experience to a shopping mall. This flash mob was organized by http://www.AlphabetPhotography.com to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Ya gotta love that!
- With over 23 million views, Alphabet Photography increased their market substantially, creatively and memorably.
I leave you to enjoy these videos when you have a moment during this crazy-busy time of year. This is my final blog post for 2010. I’m taking the rest of the year off to spend with family and friends, to rest and to prepare for 2011.
I send you my love, my best wishes for rest and renewal and abundance in the coming year.