My inspiring colleague did just that as an end of year exercise. Here are her (slightly edited) results–
2013: My Best Year Yet
- · Get to bed by 10PM
- · Relax – stress doesn’t solve anything
- · Remember my job is to feel good
New Paradigm: I know what I want, and am comfortable asking for it
Major focus:To be sure my voice is heard.
Top 10 goals
1. 8 hours of sleep per night
2. Participate in at least 2 significant athletic events
3. Create and implement a new business plan
4. See/call/email one friend/family member per week
5. Some creative activity every month
6. Set aside 5% of income for home improvement
7. Clean unfinished part of basement
8. Promote additional services to existing clients
9. Practice gratitude
10. Attend and interact with inspirational guide
I complimented her on making it look so simple and straightforward. I know that this kind of simplicity and clarity represents a lot of behind-the-scenes activity. Here was her response:
I laughed every time I read in the book that all you have to do is sit down for 3 hours and knock it out. I had to keep going back to it repeatedly over the course of a couple weeks.
But I think the fact that I did this last year is a big part of why the phone has been ringing off the hook this year!