Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Mine was perfection, meaning that it included the people I love (minus one sick grandchild and her parents), amazing food prepared by my chef nephew and my sister (at whose knee his passion was quickened), easy traffic to negotiate and a sparkling clear sky.
And now it’s the day after, and I’m not a shopper. I’m using this morning to debrief the Evolving Consciousness Community Cruise I attended and spoke on in early November.
The biggest takeaway was spending time with some truly remarkable men and women. I also used the days at sea for my own personal retreat sorting through old journals and recording quotes and feelings experienced in the last 30 years that I had faithfully recorded.
From the event itself, here are a few of the highlights and recommendations I’d like to learn more about and/or pass on to you.
- Speaker Bhava Ram inspired me to learn more about his breathtaking journey of healing from a broken back and terminal cancer to otpimum health and vibrancy. I downloaded his book Warrior Pose, a riveting account of his story that held me rapt for several days till I completed it.
- I’m inspired to learn more from his teacher, Emmett Miller, and will subscribe to his podcasts for more enlightenment.
- I put a reserve on the book Grain Brain recommended by a fellow passenger. Reading the amazon synopsis affirmed its importance.
- I’ve also reserved the downloadable version of Proof of Heaven about an MD who was brain dead for 7 days and is now a believer in near death experiences.
- I want to learn more about the Higgs Boson God Particle discovery. I’m sure that now that it’s on my list, it’ll pop up in conversation or as a lecture soon. That’s how these things work, right?
- A couple of memorable quotes that reinforced my own belief system: “Eating junk food is the equivalent of vandalizing our spirits.”
- Einstein’s quote: The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it Intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don’t know how or why.”
- “The best exercise is the one you do.”
I told my goal buddy that I didn’t have too many notes to record, but after re-reading my list, I see I got more out of it than I thought. I’ll use the last bullet point as my motivator as well as any feedback that you might provide.